Thursday, October 8, 2009

NAPKINS AND NAPKIN RINGS !


     Its true that I'm obsessed with making every little detail be just perfect and the napkins and napkin rings are no exception.  Can you believe it's October and I already have a full basket of 50 napkins & rings complete with red and blue plastic ware ready to go.  I will do some dusting prior to the event. 
     I made another trip to the dollar store, where I found gingham dishtowels that I was able to cut in quarters to be the perfect size for a napkin. 


     At JoAnns fabric store I purchased both red and blue gingham thin ribbon spools and Stiffy.  Stiffy is a starch and now comes the fun part.  I used some pvc pipe to tie the ribbon around and make a bow.  I then pour the Stiffy in a bowl, using a small paint brush I saturate the bows.  After they throughly dry I pull them off the piping, their stiff and perfect for the napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment